Monday, November 21, 2011

Sleep


Kissing your smile, I snuggle farther into your embrace. It is so warm here, encircled by your arms, and I smile myself. You kiss my smile, and tuck your head under my chin. I curl around you and you are warm inside the protection of my arms. We are content in our embrace under the covers, our bodies pressed close, and though we sleep we are not too warm, and because of each other we are are not cold either. I want to stay this way forever, as do you, but eventually we will be forced into our cold world again, to deal with ever-so-pressing issues when we would rather be back in bed together. It is nice, for a while, to feel each other. Although we would always rather be asleep with one another, our love is still the sun on a snowy day, making the snowflakes dance and sparkle, and bringing your springtime.

For Theo.

No comments:

Post a Comment